Sunday, November 27, 2005

Finished objects!

Whew! I needed to knit a hat for my aunt and couldn't find just the right pattern--either the gauge wasn't right or the needles didn't really work with the yarn--and so on and so on. She asked for a hat and I didn't want to say no but man, it was annoying to try and find a pattern. I finally found one for a rolled brim hat that knitted up quite nicely. I bought a knitting pattern for a day calendar at Sam's and decided to look through it...yes, I know....cheat,cheat. But,ha ha, I found this pattern so it all worked out well.  And I have made 3 hats this weekend. I know I should be working on Ad.'s sweater but I really felt I needed to do this hat. The nice thing is that I used up some yarn "bits" I had lying around and that is always good. 'Cause now I can fit more yarn into my stash. See, always thinking ahead. Plus, I just won some yarn on ebay-Water Lilly Boucle Novelty yarn that should make a cute vest. And I bought some Lion Brand Homespun for a cardigan. Now I just have to decide which cardigan to knit first.

I would like to knit somemore tonight but my wrist is a little sore and I don't want to "make it mad." lol. I have a pinky finger on my left hand that is out of place and I need to have the chiropractor put it back into place. Sometimes I can work it back in but this time...not so much. But I'm sure it will be better by tomorrow so I can work on the sweater and get it finished. I'm going to try and get it all done this week so I can do something for me.

You Are Mashed Potatoes Oridnary, comforting, and more than a little predictable
You're the glue that holds everyone together.

No comments: